Clear all

[Sticky] AM I WRONG? WHAT SHOULD I DO?

(@kakakiogbon)
Active Member Moderator
Topic starter  

AM I WRONG? WHAT SHOULD I DO? 

See picture for details 

(@ifeoluwa)

This is quite thought provoking. And it's quite tempting to just drop popular quick responses- Pray about it. Seek God's wisdom.laughs.

From one perspective.

I'll say her choice isn't wrong. Her father disagreeing with that choice is quite understandable, but the objectivity/subjectivity is what remains to be determined. For one, two have become one. They've been "severed" from the umbilical cord of family. So, their choices are theirs. No need to be imposed on. Except they call for it. So, a rift is unnecessary.

I would suggest that the couple have a discussion with the Father. With the intent of seeing from his perspective, gleaning what wisdom they deem to be applicable for their marriage. As the saying goes, they could try standing on the shoulders of the elders to see what they see/beyond ( not the exact proverb.laughs).

The same goes for the Father to understand the pecularity of their marriage. Why she made that choice, and why it could be changed and all that.

I believe if a discussion(s) is held, better ways to manage the marriage could come forth. For example, today, people can work from the comfort of their homes.(if they eventually see things from the dad's side. Which I believe they should. Since they'll be expected to rub minds together. And if they don't, well, she had better stick to what works for her, in confident assurance. 

ReplyQuote
(@kakakiogbon)
Active Member Moderator
Topic starter  
  1. thanks a lot Ifeoluwa, for this meticulous and intelligent impute. Well, often time, negotiating helps on both sides, but it's often challenging when the father(in this case) is not ready to liaise... it will really be challenging, and may still bring us back to her question...🤔

ReplyQuote
Share: