How To Stop Diarrhea Faster
Generally, diarrhea lasts for 3 to 4 days, but to stop the diarrhea faster one should eat foods that hold the intestine and continue drinking enough water to keep the body hydrated.
Some examples of what to take in case of diarrhea are:
Well-cooked fruits and vegetables such as potatoes, rice, apple or banana.
Water-rich foods like gelatine and vegetable soup.
Water, coconut water or homemade serum to replenish lost mineral salts in diarrhea.
Taking probiotics during a diarrhea also helps to improve faster.
This food helps to hold the bowel by fighting diarrhea. However, it is not advisable to try to stop diarrhea by taking medicines like Imosec, for example, because in some cases diarrhea is an attempt by the body to expel some microorganism present in the digestive system. The use of this type of medicine should be reserved for medical advice.
Tips for stopping diarrhea
Some helpful tips to stop diarrhea faster are:
1. Take the homemade serum several times a day.
2. Eat 1 apple without peel, 1 banana or 1 guava.
3. Take fermented milk.
4. Eat mashed potatoes with shredded chicken and well-cooked rice.
5. Take black tea, chamomile tea or guava leaf tea.
6. Avoid fatty foods, eggs, chocolate, coffee, alcoholic beverages.
7. Another good tip to regulate the intestine is to buy a repository of intestinal flora, such as Floratil, for example in a pharmacy.
What can cause diarrhea
Diarrhea can be caused by bacteria or viruses present in the food we eat and can be accompanied by fever and the feces are mixed with blood, and in this case it is called dysentery. The sigela, salmonella, and campylobacter are the bacteria associated with these dysenteries.
Diarrhea may also be caused by:
1. Allergy or food intolerance, in this case whenever the individual eats certain food, presents diarrhea.
2. Side effect of some medication, especially antibiotics like Amoxicillin.
3. Gastroenteritis due to ingestion of contaminated food.
4. Viruses, especially affecting children.
The birth of the baby’s first teeth can also cause diarrhea and so when a 6-8 month old baby has diarrhea but does not have a fever, parents can look at the gums to see if any teeth are being born.
When to go to the doctor
It is advised to go to the doctor when the diarrhea is very strong, very frequent, is accompanied by fever or intense abdominal pain. If diarrhea does not go away and 2 days should go to the doctor because it may be necessary to take a more specific medicine, because diarrhea may be associated with another disease.
When an individual has frequent cases of diarrhea should make an appointment with a gastroenterologist because they may be sick or have some change in the bowel, which can and should be treated.
In addition, severe diarrhea may cause other problems such as anal fissures, which should be treated using healing ointments.