FIRST CAMPUS FEMALE GENDER WRITING COMPETITION
Africanrubiz is a woman empowerment organization whose vision is to raise the status of the African woman by empowering her through orientation and direct enlighten, using the internet as a platform.
In pursuant of this goal, Africanrubiz is rewarding female writers for participating in her vision of empowering the African woman. This we are doing through our First Campus Female Gender Writing Competition. See the breakdown below:
FIRST CAMPUS FEMALE GENDER WRITING COMPETITION.
Participants send in entries of their written articles weekly. Articles are checked by our panel of editors, and they pass through 3 stages, while the best articles are selected and published. People vote on articles posted on the website. The best articles (articles that meet the criteria for our various categories) are nominated for the first, second and third positions at the grand finale stage of the competition.
Articles focus on one of these categories: Female entrepreneurship, domestic violence, women fashion trends, gender-based violence, the life of a career woman.
Articles focus on one of these categories: Women as role model, “Baby mama” saga, who is to blame,The plight of the unmarried lady, The need for Women in technology, The role of women in politics, Girl-child Education.
Articles focus on one of these categories: The challenge of the African woman, Women as bread winners, Relationship talk – dos and don’ts in building a healthy relationship, Early marriage and the loss of dignity of the woman, The woman and her health, Sexual harassment. At the end of this stage, the 10 overall best authors will be shortlisted.
Each of the 10 best writers will send in an article each to Africanrubiz on any of the following three topics:
- The role of Women in Nation building
- Empowering the Girl Child: Between the home and technology
- Redeeming the African Woman’s Honour in contemporary times
Note: Preference will be given to articles with appropriate pictures and/or videos to backup at this stage.
The Authors of the three best articles will be selected for the final Award.
The top 10 authors afterwards will be given a certificate of participation.
Eligibility for participation:
- Participant must be a female and must be currently under-going an undergraduate program in a Nigerian University or Polytechnic.
Terms and condition:
- Articles must be the original piece of the author and must not have appeared on any online publication, website or blog. Any article that violates this condition disqualifies the author.
- While voting may also increase the chances of an author’s article being selected, selection of overall best articles at every stage remains the exclusive prerogative of our panel of editors/judges.